If you are interested in becoming part of the summer season team at Lauvitel Lodge or you know someone who is, please do get in touch with me.
Lauvitel Lodge Summer Season Staff
Chalet Hotel Host (French Speaking)
Lauvitel Lodge: The lodge is situated in the French Alps in La Danchere, Venosc, in the cycling haven of the Oisans valley and on the edge of the Ecrins National Park, 1 hour south from Grenoble. We have a reputation for our warm welcome, our peaceful environment and our amazing food, both in the main house and in the garden restaurant and bar. We have 11 guest rooms and sleep up to 28 guests as well as opening the garden to walkers, cyclists, holiday makers and people living locally.
Privately owned and run by Caroline Purkhardt, we are a small dedicated team offering a professional and friendly service to our guests. We are a team of 4 currently recruiting one additional member to join us for the summer season. You will be someone who
• Welcomes the opportunity to be in a natural setting
• Willing to work hard
• Want to make a contribution and find your place in the team
• Enjoy engaging with people in a friendly and supportive way
• Just as we like our guests to have an experience that is in some way surprising and surpasses their expectations – we also hold this intention for all our team members
There are two principal roles or areas of responsibility:
Lodge Host and Housekeeper: include managing changeovers, organizing laundry, cleaning guest rooms and communal areas and generally maintaining a high standard of organization, cleanliness, and care.
Lodge Host and Garden Restaurant and Bar: including overseeing stock, maintaining and preparing the garden cabane and caring for the front of house and garden space in general.
Shared responsibilities will include:
• Changeovers, Cleaning guest rooms and communal areas
• Serving and clearing breakfast and evening meals, including washing up
• Tending the garden restaurant and bar
• Occasionally supporting the kitchen chef with shops, food preparation and kitchen organization.
We are looking for someone who is well organised, responsible and trustworthy with a willing disposition, who is quick to learn and happy to meet high standards. You will be someone who works well under pressure and be able to follow instructions as well as being able to work independently and take initiative. We expect you to provide an attentive, caring and personal service to our guests at all times, with a positive, willing and friendly attitude. We are looking for applicants with a good command of French who has previous experience working in a restaurant, chalet or hotel, preferably with the role of hosting.
This is a great opportunity for you to spend time in the French Alps in the heart of cycling, climbing and walking terrain with one day off a week. You will be working in a beautiful setting, in an environment that promotes well-being.
The benefits package includes:
• Accommodation with full board
• Competitive monthly salary
• 1 day off a week
• Free internet access
• A friendly and supportive working environment
• The opportunity to develop your skills in a small professional team
Applicants must have a European National Insurance Number and bank account (other than France); have previous hospitality experience; speak French to a good conversational level; preferably non-smoking, minimum age 21. Please supply your CV with a covering letter, a photograph of yourself and a contact number or Skype address for interview.