Looking for a seasonal job with a difference?
Are you interested in spending two to three months working in a unique international environment surrounded by the stunning natural scenery of the French Alps? For our 2022 summer season, we are looking to recruit a creative and flexible team to help provide our international clientele with the simple pleasures of good food, good company, great hospitality, and a deeply rejuvenating experience that reconnects them with nature. More than a seasonal job, you will discover at Lauvitel Lodge a nurturing working environment that supports and accompanies both your personal and professional growth.
(Not just a)
(Not just a)
We are looking for someone with a passion for food preparation to work in harmony with our summer chef, who is at ease in french, and comfortable with clients.
We welcome those who would like to work in and around the Lodge in exchange for accommodation and food and the opportunity to enjoy this extraordinary mountain setting.
(Minimum stay 2 weeks; 6 x 4 hours a week; with food and accommodation.)
Fresh-cooked, healthy, and varied cuisine is an integral part of the Lauvitel Lodge experience. For our upcoming summer season (mid June to mid September), we are looking for a creative chef interested in bringing their expertise, love and enthusiasm to craft our lunchtime garden restaurant menu and evening meals for our holiday and retreat guests. In addition to your salary, you will be provided with all meals and comfortable, private accommodation.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has prior relevant experience working in a professional kitchen
- Is organised, adaptable and proactive
- Is good at working independently
- Enjoys being part of a team
- Can work intensively while keeping a smile
- Feels at home in the mountains
- Is at ease in speaking French
You will be preparing (with a helping pair of hands):
- Garden lunches à la carte – 10 to 50 covers between 12.00 and 14.30
- 3 course evening meal for 10 to 30 guests
- A balanced and diverse menu for long term stays
- Food adapted to vegetarian retreats and other dietary requirements
- Staff meals
You will get the opportunity to:
- Showcase your expertise, with creativity and sensibility
- Be adventurous, in and out of the kitchen
- Work in a multicultural team
- Live and work in an exceptionally beautiful natural environment
- Mid June to mid September
- Dependent on experience.
- Meals and comfortable private accommodation provided.
How to apply:
We welcome international candidates (short term visa for France or EU citizenship required).