A mountain adventure that will leave you feeling challenged, relaxed and fulfilled.
If you love being extremely active but don’t want the hassle of finding the best places to go or organising all the details, then our Stillness In Action Summer Retreat is for you.
This is a week long adventure in the Southern French Alps where each day you will eplore a different mountain activity that will leave you feeling challenged, relaxed and fulfilled.
What’s on the Programme?
Our Summer Retreat is designed for you to enjoy the contrast between being out in the mountains in full-on action and delighting in down time in the comfort and spaciousness of Lauvitel Lodge.
With some flexibility for the weather and for your preferences, there will be the possibility to experience:
- Rafting on the Veneon river, connecting intimately with the glacial waters, leaving you feeling exhilarated and refreshed.
- Hiking up to Lauvitel Lake and beyond for the most incredible views and the sensation of being surrounded by the magnificent mountains.
- Climbing one of the local Via Ferrata, creating a safe way to face your fears and climb in the most extraordinary settings.
- Following the most magical trails through the ancient forests towards La Berarde.
- Wild swimming and walking in the waters of the alpine rivers and lakes.
- Sleeping out under the stars, with the open heavens above you and the cool earth below you – a true alpine adventure – in all its simplicity.
For the early risers, there is also the before breakfast session on the deck, with a mix of morning Chi Kung, T’ai Chi and Yoga. And if there is any day you fancy a ‘day out’ from the activities, you can ‘stay in’ and treat yourself to a spa day with Massage, Reiki or Being Well coaching.
How will you benefit?
Throughout the Retreat, we will use nature-inspired coaching as a means to uncover your innate strengths, natural limitations and habitual ways of dealing with the unknown.
Nature-inspired coaching uses real experiences in the physical world (such as a challenging hike) to let you observe your feelings, reactions and choices and then transpose these powerful insights into something immediately applicable in your everyday life.
Author, Doctor of Social Psychology, Transition Coach, T’ai Chi Master
Caroline Purkhardt has owned Lauvitel Lodge for over ten years. She has organised and led multiple group and personal retreats focused on personal development, creative leadership and spiritual growth. She has recently published a book called Stillness in Action: the 7 elements of success for leaders.
Caroline combines recent her personal wisdom with recent scientific findings and experiential practices such as T’ai Chi, meditation and energetics. She believes that drawing on our connection with Nature is one of the best short-cuts towards personal insight and self-realisation.
Caroline’s ultimate mission is to bring body wisdom and spiritual connection into busy work places and large organisations.
About Lauvitel Lodge
Lauvitel Lodge is a mountain getaway in the heart of the French Alps: the Oisans valley famous for cycling and skiing. It is a place for family gatherings, holidays with friends, as well as a base for well-being retreats which are held here on a regular basis.
The Lodge provides a comfortable place to rest and relax in between various mountain adventures. You can enjoy a fresh and delicious meal, coffee, or simply use one of our terraced gardens to read a book or nap in a hammock. There is a wide offer of wellbeing services, too: massage, Reiki, Tai-Chi and wellness coaching.
The beautiful natural surroundings of the Lodge are comprised of magnificent mountain peaks, crystal clear lakes, running rivers and pristine forests. The exceptional landscape makes it a perfect place to reconnect with your true self and simply take a break from the hustle and bustle of daily life.
How to get there?
Lauvitel Lodge is located in a small hamlet of La Danchere, about one-hour drive from Grenoble, which is also the closest train station. If you are travelling by plane, the closest airports are Lyon, Geneva or Turin. You can contact us directly if you need help with travel arrangements.
Your mountain adventure happens from the tranquility of Lauvitel Lodge. We make sure that there is ample opportunity to rest in the spacious gardens, to enjoy the comfort of home and to share in the delicious food that is served in the restaurant.
Number of participants: up to 8 people
Dates: 24th – 31st August, 2019
Retreat Participation: €750
Food & Lodging: €525-840
Provides access to all group activities and practices.
Single or shared room with private or shared bathroom.
- Lodging in Lauvitel Lodge (7 nights)
- Bed linen and towels
- Full board (3 meals a day plus tea, coffee and fresh drinks)
- Guided activities included in the program
Price does not include:
- Travel costs
- Any extra activities throughout your stay
- Alcoholic beverages (available at an additional charge)
Please tell us in advance if you have any health issues that might influence your participation in the retreat activities.
If you have any dietary requirements, please let us know well ahead of time.
What to bring
- Comfortable clothing for Tai-chi/Yoga sessions
- Warm clothes as well as summer clothes
- Comfortable outdoor clothing suitable for hiking
- Waterproof jacket
- Hiking boots
- Shoes that you don’t mind getting wet
- Journal and/or a good book
- Water bottle
- Sunglasses and sun cream
- Sleeping bag and mat (if you have your own)
To check what else is available at the Lodge, please feel free to contact us directly.