High in the French Alps, in the midst of a breathtaking
natural paradise, we invite you to become
our guest on a unique fasting retreat.
Step out of the fast-paced busyness and fragmented schedules of modern life. Share with a small community of like-minded participants a unique healing experience where you can hear your own inner voice. Tuning into this stunning natural environment it will help you bridge the gap between your Self and Nature. This is where you allow yourself to just be. Connected, active, alive.
What’s on the Programme?
Contemplation and spiritual connection are essential to both your body and soul. Here, you will have the opportunity to step into the deeper sources of your being and into a healing frame of mind – one filled with love, humbleness, gratitude and compassion. During the fasting week, you will have the opportunity to pause, calm down, recharge your batteries and energize yourself. And in so doing, discover your body’s own resources and self-reliance.
How will you benefit?
We have carefully prepared and structured this retreat to ensure that yours is a truly holistic experience. We will guide you safely through the week of fasting , so that you feel empowered at every stage of the process.
Here is what to expect from your retreat:
- The nuts-and-bolts of the fasting process, from the method itself to how your body is responding at every step of the way – so as to ensure an optimal fasting experience
- A well supported entry and exit of the fasting period
- Delicious fasting cuisine from fresh produce that is sourced locally and of organic nature where possible
- Daily cardio exercises and gentle physical training sessions to warm up for the day ahead
- Daily guided mountain walks through the winding paths of the enchanted French Alps landscape, that train your cardio vascular system and activate your metabolism
- In the afternoon: free time, stillness, relaxation
- Evening program: group exchange, short talks and relaxing meditative practices
- A seven night stay in a traditional French gîte (lodge), with beautiful scenic mountain views and a cosy, friendly atmosphere at the heart of La Danchère, bordering the Parc National des Écrins protected natural reserve.
- Optional wellness and personal development offers that can be added to your experience such as massage, personal coaching, reiki, faciatherapy (75€ per session; booked and paid separately)
Meet the team
Fasting is a voluntary and deliberate choice to waiver solid food, in which the feeling of hunger disappears as the body switches from an external to an internal diet – a healthy, biological state that is an innate ability in humans. Trainer Kenan Kacar has been helping people like you rediscover fasting and integrating it into a healthier, holistic lifestyle since 2015. His experience, his competence, his warm and pleasant interaction and his tireless dedication to your well-being will make it easy for you to quickly gain confidence.
He is trained in the proven Buchinger fasting method, whereby a person chooses a diet of still water, herbal teas, fresh fruit and vegetable juices as well as warm vegetable soup. Kenan will show you how to give your body a breather in a time of abundance, for which it thanks a deep physical and mental state of purification.
Leading you through the jaw-dropping beauty of the French Alps and its pristine natural landscape is our host and owner of the scenic Lauvitel Lodge, Caroline Purkhardt. Herself a certified life coach, Reiki practitioner and Tai Chi instructor, she is in a unique position to integrate our treks and walks within a holistic healing environment. With decades of mountaineering experience, this longtime resident of these mountains knows better than anyone where the wild things are. Meandering crystal-clear rivers, endless forest expanses and the zen-like grace of the Alps themselves are yours to share in a safe setting.
What past participants have to say:
“It was magical! No hunger and a very pleasant clarity have accompanied my fasting days.”
“I feel really good. I am fitter, more balanced and can focus better. “
“I’ve learned so much about myself.”
“I’m so much more alert.”
“I lost weight and gained a healthy perspective.”
“A few kilos have gone and not come back! I celebrate my eating experience more mindfully and enjoy my food more fully now”
“What a transformative course!”
“I am in a state of upheaval and now I feel very, very good. It’s amazing what kind of powers you have. I’m very self-critical with myself and want to maintain the serenity that I have now. “
About Lauvitel Lodge
Lauvitel Lodge is a mountain getaway in the heart of the French Alps: the Oisans valley famous for cycling and skiing. It is a place for family gatherings, holidays with friends, as well as a base for well-being retreats which are held here on a regular basis.
The Lodge provides a comfortable place to rest and relax in between various mountain adventures. You can enjoy a fresh and delicious meal, coffee, or simply use one of our terraced gardens to read a book or nap in a hammock. There is a wide offer of wellbeing services, too: massage, Reiki, Tai-Chi and wellness coaching.
The beautiful natural surroundings of the Lodge are comprised of magnificent mountain peaks, crystal clear lakes, running rivers and pristine forests. The exceptional landscape makes it a perfect place to reconnect with your true self and simply take a break from the hustle and bustle of daily life.
How to get there?
Lauvitel Lodge is located in a small hamlet of La Danchere, about one-hour drive from Grenoble, which is also the closest train station. If you are travelling by plane, the closest airports are Lyon, Geneva or Turin. You can contact us directly if you need help with travel arrangements.
Your mountain adventure happens from the tranquility of Lauvitel Lodge. We make sure that there is ample opportunity to rest in the spacious gardens, to enjoy the comfort of home and to share in the delicious food that is served in the restaurant.
Number of participants: up to 12 people
Dates: May, 2021 – dates to be confirmed
Retreat Participation: €490
Provides access to all group activities and practices.
Single or shared room with private or shared bathroom.
Food & Lodging: €525 – €840 per person
Single or shared room with private or shared bathroom.
Reserve your place now with a deposit of €450.
- Lodging at Lauvitel Lodge (7 nights)
- Bed linen and towels
- Full board (full fresh fasting diet provided)
- Guided activities included in the program
- Transport to the pre-planned activities
Price does not include:
- Travel costs
- Any extra activities throughout your stay
You can look forward to the stress-reduced views of the mountains and the interplay of sun, sky and wind. Secure your place now and contact us if you have any questions.
Note: The main language of this retreat is German. We can accommodate English and/or Turkish speakers and are working on having all material available in English. We kindly ask for your understanding when some resources are temporarily only available in German.
How to get to Lauvitel Lodge
With your permission, we will send out a list of participants before departure so that you can contact other participants about travel arrangements.
What to bring
- Warm clothes as well as summer clothes (at the end of May one can experience temperatures that resemble summer as well as fresh spring)
- Comfortable outdoor clothing suitable for hiking
- Waterproof jacket
- Protective shoes, e.g. hiking boots or quality trainers
- Shoes that you don’t mind getting wet
- Comfortable (sports) clothing for stretching and other movement sessions
- Journal and/or a relaxing book
- Small rucksack
- Sunglasses and sun cream
- Water bottle
- Thermos flask
- Hot water bottle
- Natural skin care oil
- Body brush
- An enema device of your choice; we are happy to advise you in your choice . Please contact Kenan or Laura at the emails provided.
- To support your oral detox you will receive an aryuvedic tongue scraper and oil for the oil pulling gratis.
- We will provide yoga mats, meditation pillows and blankets, if needed.
To check what else is available at the Lodge, please feel free to contact us directly.
To reserve your place, click the register now button to pay the deposit of €450.
Once we have received your registration we will contact you to confirm your choice of accommodation from the options available. The remaining balance is due no later than 15 days before the date of the Retreat.